As 2014 comes to a close, I, like no doubt many of you, am beginning to reflect on the year. What I did and didn’t accomplish, learned, mistakes I made, and victories I achieved.
I know I certainly didn’t accomplish all the goals I set for myself. I’m still staring at the open patch of grass where I want to build a garden, didn’t teach myself to make corned beef, or make the perfect soft pretzel.
I did manage to teach myself how to skin fish fillets and improved my puff pastry recipe. Small victories; but victories nonetheless.
Will 2015 be better? Who knows. There’s really no crystal ball to see into the future. I know that it is all up to me, however, to make things happen or not.
Some things I would like to accomplish in 2015 are:
1. Actually starting my garden so maybe, just maybe, I’ll have something to harvest in the summer.
2. Post more often and expand my blog outreach. Get some more media coverage.
3. Post my travel writing in a more timely manner.
4. Improve my photography skills.
5. Start what I call my “farmer’s market project”. You’ll see.
6. Again, set my goals to teach myself to make
Corned Beef Pastrami
Shrimp Curry Mansaff (a Bedouin dish)
Consumme The Five Mother Sauces
Doughnuts The perfect hot chocolate
real barbecue brisket Confit
cured salmon bagels
pita bread Swiss meringue
strawberry croissants ma’amool (date filled cookies)
That’s just what I’ve come up with off the top of my head. I have every confidence that I’ll come up with more as the year progresses.
Have a great 2015.